Saturday, October 28, 2006

Daddy/Daughter Dinner Date! :)























































Another milestone for Miss Aves! We introduced a bottle feeding into the mix today, and she took to it like a champ!! You know what that means for me?... FREEDOM! :)

No- I actually enjoy feeding Avery, but now Collin can share in that too! And it's nice to know that if I need to be gone for more than 2 hours at a time, Avery won't go hungry. It was somewhat funny though because as first-timers in all of this, the process of preparing the bottle took about an hour! (All veteran Moms are laughing now...) There was LOTS of prep work! I had to boil certain parts of the bottle, warm up frozen milk to a suitable drinking temperature... okay, it doesn't sound like much, but it was!

Once everything was finally sterilized, thawed, warmed and ready to eat, it was time to put Avery in Collin's arms and see if she'd take the bottle. (Some parents and books had warned us not to wait too long or she may never take a bottle.) Collin put the bottle down to Avery's mouth and at first she wasn't interested. I was hovering over the two of them on pins and needles hoping that she would drink and then I thought, "Wait... I probably shouldn't be here... if she can see me she may want the real thing instead of re-heated leftovers, and who would blame her?" So I got up to go grab the camera and as soon as I was out of sight Collin gave me the thumbs up sign that she was drinking! WHEW!... Thank goodness.

Anyway-- all that to say, I forsee MANY more Daddy/Daughter dates in the near future. They had fun! :)

1 comment:

The Farells said...

You all are TOOOOO precious! Thanks for sharing these special moments with us. Avery is looking so pretty. I love how skinny little newborns plump up to be just right.... That's Avery! Beautiful and just right! What is it Mary Poppins says? Avery's practically perfect in every way... :) I can't wait to come over and give both of you some lovin'.