Maybe that's because of lack of sleep, or maybe it's because our world has turned upside down... or maybe it's simply because of this AMAZING new little life that's joined ours! Yes-- it's true that there is less sleep to be had, and also true that a newborn changes life in EVERY way... but I can honestly say that my life this week is a million times better than last week! There's more laughter, more tears of joy, more love in our home, sweeter memories being made... This first week home from the hospital has already blessed my life in countless ways and we are SO content just looking into the eyes of our sweet Avery. She is an absolute angel, and we are truly blessed.
Collin, Avery and I came home just before 8pm on Sunday, October 1st, and we've been "settling in" ever since! Collin is not working this week and all my family went home on Monday, so the three of us are having fun trying to get into a routine with the new family. There's not a whole lot to report as of yet... Avery eats a lot and sleeps a LOT (and both are blessings in themselves!) She only woke up once last night between 1:30am and 7:30am! Amazing. We're having a lot of fun welcoming this beautiful baby into our lives! We can hardly take our eyes off of her.
Here are a few pictures...














3 comments:
She looks like a natural. She looks perfectly content. However, I want to hear Howie reports...how does he feel about the new addition? I can't wait to play with her...she just looks completely aware of her surrounding...it's lovely to see pictures of the whole happy Poage family!! And Steph, you look SO great already!!
Welcome home little peanut! She is precious! Congratulations mom and dad! I love the bath pictures... she is so little, her lips are so sweet, her eyes are so pretty and round! What a great time! I can't wait to do the same with our Drew only four months from now! Love you all!
She is absolutely adorable! Her pictures are so cute. I wish yall all the best and pray that the Lord blesses your family!
Heather
Post a Comment