One of the most bizarre mysteries of Parenthood is how at any moment (and for NO reason whatsoever) it seems a good idea to grab the camera and go all-out "paparazzi" on the poor, unassuming infant. Is one shot enough to capture the moment of little junior playing with the red ball?... in the living room?... on some random Tuesday?... NO! And why is that? Because taking pictures of an infant is similar to playing a slot machine. (And for all my Baptist friends and family reading this I assure you I am not speaking from experience.) But from what I've heard about slot machines (wink, wink) the thrill is in the NEXT pull. You don't ever want to walk away because as soon as you do, some Grandma from Kansas will mosey up with her quarter, drop it in, pull the lever and come up with three sevens. Could have been yours... but you walked away. In a similar fashion, new parents become addicted to that NEXT snapshot. "I can't put the camera down, honey, because when I DO she'll look directly at me and smile!" So we fall prey to the pictures and let the flashes fly.
The only thing worse than these temporary outbursts of photo craziness is that we then force our friends and family to view the images. There are a gazillion pictures and they're all of the SAME THING! Each one just a tad different from the next.
I'll be the first to admit, it's annoying. But you just wait until it's YOUR child and see what you do!... If I were a gamblin' woman, I'd bet you do the same thing!
Enjoy the slideshow: "Attack of the 'Mama'razzi: Tummy Time" :)
Steph
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Steph...she is getting so big and more beautiful every time I see pics of her! I can't wait to meet her in person!!
xoxoox
Amanda
Avery dear... you are absolutely darling! Your mommy sure took some nice pictures of you! :)
So funny! We did the same thing today - tummy time with the very same blocks! Love all your pics - you will be glad you have them for her senior year slide show!
xoxo
Post a Comment