Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Shower "Power Nap"

This post isn't particularly dignified or news-worthy... but I had a few cute pictures I wanted to post and I thought I should also share the story behind them.

Well, it hasn't happened yet... but Avery is REALLY working towards crawling and at any moment our world could completely change from "She stays where we put her" to "Where in the world is she?! Check the doggie door!"

Now usually this isn't a problem -- the situation that Avery is becoming "mobile" more and more -- because I can keep an eye on her and scoot her back to the middle of the blanket and away from Howie's toys, etc. However, it gets tricky when it's time for me to hop in the shower and there's nobody to keep an eye on our little wiggle-worm. (Howie isn't exactly "babysitter" material.) So I had to resort to putting her in her bouncy seat in front of a Veggie Tales video so that I could feel confident she'd be in the same place I left her when I was through.

When I came back to see if she was still watching, she was napping. But this was no ordinary nap... She was napping like a cute little old man reclining on a Sunday afternoon with her hands folded in her lap and her little head tilted to the side as if on purpose. I thought it was precious! I had to share... No offense to Veggie Tales, of course! I'm sure it was a very entertaining (yet soothing) video.

1 comment:

khunton said...

Love those little hands!