Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hitting the highlights!

Hello again, blog-checkers! Let me start by saying THANK YOU to those of you who are actually still checking this site even though it's been terribly neglected lately. It's been MONTHS since we've posted anything here, and it's not due to lack-of-excitement in our lives. On quite the contrary, our lives have been moving at what feels like a warp-speed ever since October as I'm sure is true for most of you as well.

So, to catch everyone up on what's been going on without boring you to tears I'll hit the highlights:
  • In early November we had a scare with the new baby as a screening test showed that the baby was at an elevated risk for Trisomy 18, a fatal genetic disorder.
  • We had a special sonogram that gave all my doctors confidence in saying that our baby is FINE and perfectly on track developmentally! (Praise God and thank you ALL again for your prayers during that scary time!)
  • We also found out in that sonogram that we're having a GIRL! We're thrilled!!... We don't have a name yet, but we'll announce it as soon as we do!
  • Collin & I celebrated our 4 year Anniversary in November with dinner at Deep Sushi and a movie together in a theater! (That's a rare treat these days!)
  • We wrapped up November with a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration in Austin with the Ellisons (with LOTS to be Thankful for having just received good news about the health of "Pistachio")
  • ...And then December came!... and that requires new posts with LOTS of pictures. (Hey... I may have hibernated for a while, but it's still me and I'm still camera-crazy.)

1 comment:

The Mitchells said...

Baby Girl Pistacio will be BEAUTIFUL and HEALTHY!!! That's what we still continue to pray for...God bless that little one...she has no idea how much drama she's already starting.