Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Yah Mon! No Problem!



"Jamaica, no problem." That's their answer to almost anything and it makes for a VERY laid-back, relaxing vacation. Honestly, I didn't realize that "Yah mon!" is something they really say! I just thought it was the touristy thing to say... but they all SAY it! All the time! Just like we say, "Yeah" or "Yep" ...they say, "Yah mon." Hilarious.

For those reading this post who don't know, Collin was on assignment in Jamaica for the last two weeks. Because of my sweet, selfless (and adventuresome) parents who offered to take the girls to Austin for 6 nights, I got to go to Montego Bay and join him for a little 2nd Honeymoon.

It. Was. Awesome.

After sending the girls off with Mom & Dad on Thursday afternoon, I walked back inside the house and closed the door and just stood there. Silence. I realized that I had no responsibilities for the rest of the night! Don't get me wrong, part of me was already missing my girls in lots of ways but I have to be honest-- I was GIDDY with excitement! I haven't felt that way since grade school when the last bell rang on the last day of the year, and it was SUMMERTIME! I felt like a KID! NO responsibilities... I was jumping. And laughing. OUT LOUD. I was ridiculously hyperactive, and had no idea what to do with all my free time... So I did what I used to do before kiddos: I went and got a pedicure. :)

The next few days were spent in the beautiful Caribbean with Collin by the beach or the pool. Ahhh... bliss. We did a zipline canopy tour that was AWESOME, but other than that we really just hung out at the resort. Lots of good quality time together. It was much-needed, and we enjoyed every minute. We'll be back in Jamaica at the end of the year as part of a Caribbean Cruise we're doing with our Sunday School group. Already looking forward to going back!

Re-entry to the "real world" was hilarious... Avery got car sick on the drive back to Dallas with Mom & Dad, and for the first few hours of being reunited after our respective vacations, all she did was throw-up on me. Ha! But I gotta tell ya... I would choose mothering my precious girlies over a lifetime of vacation, 100% of the time. (But it sure is nice to get to do both, sometimes, so THANKS for making that possible Mom & Dad!)

We didn't really take that many pictures... I wish we had gotten one of the two of us all dressed up BEFORE the sun went down and it got dark, but it honestly didn't occur to us to try and do that. :/ Guess our brains were on vacation too. But here are some of our favorites...

1 comment:

The Mitchells said...

I loved all the pictures...hot momma in the swim suit...you make me want to workout...almost.