Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Hooray for the Red, White & Blue!



WOW! What a fun 4th we had from dawn 'til dusk!

We started out with a big family breakfast (Thanks for the new egg casserole recipe, Misemer! It was a huge hit!) Then we loaded the girls in their fully-decorated stroller and walked a block-and-a-half to the neighborhood parade and carnival. The parade route ended at White Rock North community center, which you've seen on my blog before... it's the park with the splash stuff that the girls love. They had the entire park loaded with games and things for the kids to do, and all kinds of festive things to celebrate the 4th.

I LOVE our community. The longer I live here, the more I fall head-over-heels in love with where we live. Such a blessing to be plugged-in to a neighborhood that offers so much for kids and cares about investing in memories like Collin and I do. The girls had a BLAST and it was the perfect start to the day.

After the parade and carnival, we headed home for lunch and some much-needed air conditioning! The girls napped and Mom & Dad babysat while Collin & I went to the Mitchells' house for our Sunday School 4th of July pool party. (FUN!) After the party we headed home for dinner and then kept the kids up late to watch the fireworks from the easement at the west side of our neighborhood. It was a delightful 4th! We really enjoyed it.

No comments: