So, the heat is persistent and the girls didn't seem to want to be outside yesterday. We resorted once again to... Crafts! (My poor kids... I love crafts. I make them do crafts. That's my confession.)
As always, it's the super-simple activities that seem to be the biggest successes... and this was super simple. We did Apple Stamps, or "Apple Snaps" as Avery said. You know how the core of an apple looks like a star or a flower when you cut through the center? We used that to dip in the chocolate, caramel & strawberry syrups we had leftover from the ice cream sundae shower, and the girls stamped them on paper to make placemats for lunch. I think they did more tasting than stamping, and the placemats were WAY to messy to actually be used, but it was fun. And they really liked their apples today!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Now aren't you so glad you kept the syrups!
Post a Comment