Collin & I just got back from the doctor and everything looks good! I've just completed my 16th week and things seem to be rolling along like normal.
They drew some blood to test for chromosomal abnormalities and spina bifida. Please be in prayer with us that these results come back normal. But the FUN part was that we got to hear the baby's heartbeat again!! It's incredible to hear that sound... It was very strong at first and then the baby must have moved. We spent the next few minutes chasing it around my tummy trying to get a clear sound again. We heard it only a few more times, but I think the baby was trying to play "hide and seek" with us or something. (Sneaky little kid!! We may have a SWIMMER on our hands!) The heart is beating about 145-150 beats per minute and sounds amazing!
We go back on FRIDAY, MAY 12th to find out if we're having a BOY or a GIRL!! You can be SURE we will be posting that announcement as soon as we get access to the computer after the sonogram!
I'm feeling well & finding myself getting hungry a little more often. (I like to tell Collin that the baby is yanking on the umbilical cord saying, "More food!") Every now and then I feel a little bit of fluttering/movement from the baby, but nothing tremendously significant quite yet. The doctor said that I will start feeling "thumps" in about a month.
We'll be spending the Easter weekend with The Ellisons (and the Bossens) so I'll be posting new pictures of all of that when we get back!
Happy Easter to everyone!!
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't wait to give Peanut a gender!!
Post a Comment