
I got to hang out with some of my best friends again this weekend and it was SO much fun! On Saturday night, Miss Melissa Turner became Mrs. Jon Babich! It was such a beautiful wedding and everyone had an absolute blast. The weekend was so special as we watched our friend GLOW with beauty as she walked down the aisle. (I seriously have the world's most beautiful friends... I'm not kidding.)
My guardian angels were on "super-duty" as I had a blow-out on the drive to Fort Worth. I could feel the car acting funny and unfortunately I've had about 3 prior blow-outs so I can tell the warning signs... Sure enough, as I dialed Collin from my cell to say, "I think I'm about to have a blow-out" I heard a HUGE POP and then flapflapflapflapflap before Collin even answered the phone. I was able to safely make it to the side of the road and then the most amazing thing happened-- FRIENDS to the rescue!! Since I was just inside 820 and almost to Fort Worth, Collin was 30 minutes away. I called my other friends who were headed to the church to tell them I'd be late and everyone sprung into action to help the fat lady stranded on the side of the road! :) Within minutes, Randy (Lindsay's hubby) was there with me to change the tire... Lea (one of my really good friends) spotted me driving to the church and looped back around to pick me up... then Lea's husband Donny came later to retrieve the gimpy toyota and drive it to the church for me. The entire problem was solved before Collin even arrived on scene. All-in-all...... I was MAJORLY high-maintenance that day. (Sorry guys!! Thanks for all the help!!)
But at the end of the busy weekend, it sure was fun to get to catch up with some of our sororrity sisters we haven't seen in years, and others we just saw a couple of weeks ago, but already miss! Friends are such a blessing...
CONGRATULATIONS, Jon & Melissa!!! I hope you guys are having a WONDERFUL time in Hawaii!!
No comments:
Post a Comment