Friday, March 07, 2008

Are we sure it's March?!


Sometime this morning around 4am, I woke up to hear Howie whining from his crate in the Sun Room. He's started to make a bad habit of wanting to get up to go outside and potty or get a drink of water- ALWAYS at some ridiculous hour of night. (Dogs seriously ARE like children sometimes.) Since I'm still scared of the dark at 28-years-old, I always delegate the night time dog duties to Collin. I nudged him... said, "Howie's whining" and went back to sleep. Minutes later Collin came back in and said, "It snowed... like half an inch!"

I had only a vague recollection of this semi-conscious conversation when I got up with Avery at 6:30 and looked outside to see a beautiful blanket of snow. WOW. When you never see it in your own yard but once every 10 years, it can be really exciting.

Today was Mother's Day Out for Avery, but we bundled her up and let her play in the yard for a bit before hitting the road to drop her off at school. I'm not sure she knew what to do with it, or even understood that it was something cool... she just headed down the sidewalk like she does on our daily walks around the block! Ha! But she IS getting better at saying "snow" and knowing what it means. (...not that she will ever really need to know that word since we live in Texas, but just in case...) Either way, it'll be hard to teach her the difference between Winter and Spring if stuff like this keeps happening.

Maybe we should start doing Egg-hunts on Dec. 25th when we always find ourselves having to run the A.C. and then come in by the fire with hot chocolate on Easter Sunday when we somehow mysteriously end up with snow. Just a thought...

No comments: