Thursday, January 08, 2009

Avery's turn!


I gave Avery her 2nd haircut this afternoon. I have an all-new respect for those who cut childrens' hair for a living. Getting them to hold still is near impossible, but even harder when there is a pair of scissors within 3 inches of their face and they keep trying to look. The last thing you want when you're the one holding the scissors 3 inches from your daughter's face is for her to make any sudden movements.

Sigh...

Thank the Lord for Goldfish and Veggie Tales DVDs. (There's a statement that only other Mothers who have been desperate for a moment of stillness and silence can relate to!) When finished-- all was well. Cute hair. Happy girl. No more bangs in her face. Success. :)

4 comments:

Lea Arnold said...

What a cute trim. I haven't gotten up the nerve to cut Tate's hair, but when I do you may be the person I call! :)

Poage Perspective said...

AWESOME job! She looks great with bangs. I made such a mess of IP's hair the first time I tried to cut it and am not brave enough to try again.

The Mitchells said...

I can NOT believe you did that...I am more impressed by you every day. Aves has her moms BEAUTIFUL hair...lucky girl.

Randy and Lindsay Key said...

WHAT? YOU cut her hair! I think we've found a new "Steph talent"; just when I thought there couldn't possibly be more! You will totally be the person I call someday to cut my kid's hair. Great job and I LOVE her bangs!