A new year... a new "do."
But this wasn't just any other haircut-- I cut off 9 inches! My leftover locks are carefully packaged and ready to be sent to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. The funniest reaction to the new look was Avery's. I had been talking to her about what was going to happen for a few days prior to the cut. I explained that, "Mommy has lots of hair... and since God likes us to share, Mommy is going to take her extra hair and give it for Mommies who can't grow their own hair..." She seemed to follow at least a little bit of the concept.
She was napping when I arrived home with significantly less hair, but when we heard her stirring we all went into her room. She didn't seem to notice anything at first, but then when I held her she kept touching the ends of my hair and started frowning. I gently reminded her that I gave my extra hair for the Mommies who can't grow their own hair and she said, "Take it off, Mommy! Take it off!" ...which we think meant, "Undo it!" I said, "Do you want it to go back to long?" and she said, "Back to loooong!!" :) She's adjusted a little more, but ever since the hair cut she still sees me from across the house and says, "Mommy's hair short now!"
And "short" it is! I'm loving it, though... and it's for a good cause so even if I look odd for a few months at least I can feel good about that! :)
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
You are, as always, perfectly beautiful!!
Love your new hair style! I was thinking of cutting mine too.
Yeah!! Such a wonderful gift!!
It's adorable! I think it's a great change and an awesome thing to do. Love you!
No matter what Avery thinks... I still think you are gorgeous.
I love it! It is too cute. I cut about 9 or so inches off my hair about a month ago, too. It's just below my shoulders now. Feels great.
I LOVE it! Reminds me of your college days, because I think that's the last time you had hair that short. It looks great!
I'm a little late to the punch, but your hair looks fabulous! I love it!
Post a Comment