Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Blessed Birthday

What an AMAZING 29th Birthday I had!...

We headed South to Austin the weekend before my Birthday, where we started the festivities! Mom & Dad helped us celebrate and gave me money to go SHOE SHOPPING with, which I desperately needed. Mom made my traditional Birthday dessert and we were having a BLAST until the tummy bug passed to Gram and we were knocked on our backs. Boo. :( We sure had a good time until then! ...Guess we'll just have to come back!) :)

Nana let us hitch a ride back to Dallas with her, and it was a fun girls' road trip complete with a spontaneous rest-stop diaper change in the rain! (Ha! ...Life is eventful on road trips with diapers!) Nevertheless, we made it back safely the day before my Birthday and arrived to a beautifully-cleaned house (Thanks, honey!) that was just the first of a few gifts my sweet hubby had in store for me. As an added gift, Collin gave me the "night off" for the 17th AND 18th and got the girls in bed and did all the late-night wake-up calls (if there were any... I can't remember...) THAT was awesome.

Then came the Birthday day! Collin came home with lunch and dessert in hand: My favorite sandwich... The Cow Poke from PD Johnson's. LOVE it. AND a brownie for dessert! AND a super-fun, trendy new necklace that I can't wait to wear somewhere special. He spoiled me, and it was a rare treat for the girls to have Dad home for lunch.

Then, that evening, Collin did Daddy-duty again and I got to go have girls' night in Fort Worth with some of my sweet College friends. Kristin (one of my college roommates who married a Minnesota native and we've since lost her to the North) was visiting her family with her precious newborn baby girl, Nora Ann. Nora is just 5 weeks old and flew with her Mama to get to meet her Texas "fan club." :) SO-- what better night to get to spend with my sweet friends than my birthday?! It was SO special... I loved every minute of it. (Especially the ones spent snuggling sweet Nora.)

The celebration continued this morning with an incredible lunch at Sweet Temptations Cafe with Marian Ashwill, who is SO much more than a Sunday School teacher to me. And then we got to have Nana, Aunt Kendra and Uncle Erroll over this afternoon for presents and Birthday cake!! (Kendra's birthday is 2 days after mine so it was definitely a good time for cake and candles!) We've just spent the whole week partying and have loved every second of it!!



I may say this every year, but this Birthday was the best yet! Since my 28th B-day, we now have TWO precious baby girls, and are still blessed with amazing family, friends and community. God is good! And I thank Him for another year... One more precious year of my TWENTIES!!!! :) I plan to enjoy it.

Thank you to everyone who made my Birthday SO special!! ...And might I add a special "thanks" to my sweet Mother... because, honestly, this is the anniversary of a big event in HER life more than my own. (After laboring twice, I see Birthdays a little differently...) Thank you for everything, Mom! To list it all would make a very long post ....just plain too long. :) Love you tons.

No comments: