Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's complicated...

Hello old friend...

It's been SO long since I've sat and typed in this little window box to create a new post. So long, in fact, that when I came to the blogger site to post something it actually asked me to SIGN IN again! HA! ...Even the website has forgotten who I am. And who can blame it? It HAS been a while. A loooonnng while...

Not for lack of activity, either. There have been events-- some good and some bad-- but they just haven't seemed to make their way onto the blog. For anyone worried that something may have "happened" to cause my hiatus... not so. I think it's just the combination of having most of my friends move to Facebook (which made me think nobody really checked blogs anymore) AND the busy-ness of life with two little girls. But realizing that many people still check in on us from time to time has given me a new desire to post what's going on in our lives!

To list everything that's happened since the Spring would take too much time (to type AND to read) so I'll be brief and spare you the details:
  • Over Memorial Day weekend we got to join 4 other families on a trip to Cloudcroft, New Mexico! (Picture this... 10 adults, 8 kids... ONE cabin. It was utter chaos, and SO much fun all rolled into one week.)
  • Mom & Dad celebrated their 40th Wedding Anniversary on June 6th, and we threw a big dinner party with family in Sherman.
  • Unfortunately, we've seen our share of bad mixed in with all the good this Summer as Collin's Dad is currently in ICU and is struggling. But we have been blessed with getting to see family as they come to visit Norman and are thankful for the "nuggets" of good that have come along with this even, though we wish they came under different circumstances.
  • We joined a pool this Summer and have had fun swimming! ...We've only been once and forgot to take our camera! (See how out-of-practice I am with the blog thing?? I can't believe I forgot to take my camera!)
  • We have saved for a new DSLR camera and should announce that new "addition" to the family soon! ...still researching, but ready to take the plunge as soon as we decide on the right one. And after that, you won't have to suffer through any more grainy images on this blog! (That is, if I ever post anything! Ha!)
So, to the two or three of you out there (**cough!** Mom, Dad & Janice...) who may still check in on us, THANK YOU for your patience! I'll try to keep up and be better about posting. :)

9 comments:

katherine said...

for the record, you have more than three readers...at least one of whom isn't related to you. that has to count for something!

Lea Arnold said...

Facebook has nothing on the blog AND besides I thought you were anti-facebook??
I'm so glad to see a few posts and hopefully will see more soon (and regularly) you were my inspiration to be a good blogger. I miss my blog buddy!!! Come back!!
And yeah, I'm not family either ;)

The Gustafsons said...

I still read. How else am I supposed to keep up with your cuties? When you live a thousand miles away, blogs are the only way to keep up sometimes. Sad, I know, but who has time to talk on the phone anymore?? Hope I get to see you tomorrow!!!

Anonymous said...

I still check in on you! Yahoo for updating!

Unknown said...

I still check on you guys too! Good to catch up and I can't believe how big your girls are getting!

Anonymous said...

Finally! I still check up on yall and have been waiting for a new post! Thanks for the update! Hopefully we'll get to see yall soon! ~Heather

Poage Perspective said...

I check every couple of days for updates!

Paige Padgham said...

I'm still here, too! I've missed your posts. So happy to have so many to catch up on. :)

Farron and Paul Davis said...

Just to inform you. I, Farron, still go into my favorites on my toolbar and click on "THE POAGES." I am glad everything is going well!