Monday, August 28, 2006

Nursery: Phase I
















































That's right, folks!! We have FINALLY done something in the nursery!!

Now... I know most 1st time Moms begin the "Nursery project" somewhere around the half-way point (or sooner) but for some reason our nursery sat untouched as a guest bedroom until I was almost full-term at 35 weeks!! HA! So typical of me, but one of these days hopefully I'll stop being a procrastinator... Maybe tomorrow. :)

It was wonderful to actually move baby things into that sweet little room. Mom was in town from Austin and did SO much work. She was truly the superstar of the nursery design as she kept moving things around until we got the "flow" that we wanted. We still don't have anything on the walls, but we'll cover that in "Phase II" I guess.

It sure is a BEAUTIFUL bed!! The bedding was handmade by "Gram" (Mom) and absolutely adorable!! I keep telling her she has a business in this... the bedding is really top quality and I'm so impressed with my Mom's talent. What would we do without Grandmothers?!

Only 4 more weeks until Avery arrives!! (Unless she's............... dare I even say it??.......... EARLY!!) We'll hope we still have 4 weeks. Maybe by then she'll have a nursery AND a kitchen! :)

Hugs--

1 comment:

The Mitchells said...

Hurry up Avery!! Ella is counting down the days till her buddy arrives!!

The nursery looks GREAT!! Procrastinating is so much more fun than doing thing in a "timely manner"...that's so over-rated!

love you all three,
The Mitchells