Monday, May 21, 2007

Here comes trouble!...


I've learned some new tricks! Mom and Dad call this the "4-point stance!" I plant my hands and feet and push my bottom up into the air. It's fun. Sometimes I drop a knee and act like I'm going to crawl. I probably could crawl if I wanted to, but I figure I need to spread out my tricks to give Mom and Dad something to look forward to.



Other new tricks I've learned are feeding myself some finger foods like cheerios and cheese, and sometimes feeding myself from a spoon but I still use a little help with this trick. I can turn the pages of the books that Mom and Dad read to me, and I even wait for them to stop talking and I know that's my cue to flip the page! I can stand up from a squat holding onto Mom's hands, and I took ONE step!... still holding onto her hands... but then I didn't know what to do. My most favorite trick of all is when Mom feeds me a big bite of baby food and I make a "wet razz" spitting noise and "ptoooie" it all over the place! Mom's not a big fan of this one, but it's pretty cool.

OH! And I talk a lot now. Most of the time I just say a lot of "ba-ba-ba" and "ya-ya-ya" and "mum-mum-mum" but I had one really good moment when Daddy was leaving to run some errands and I said, "ba-ba-da-da" on his way out the door! Mom and Dad were amazed!! I think they thought I said, "bye-bye Daddy" which I'm sure is what I meant to say. I tried it out again about 10 minutes later... Still worked! Mom went nuts again! ...Doesn't take much to impress these two... They're easily entertained... Maybe they need some new toys.

See ya!
Avery

**P.S.** Mom says she's sorry that some of the pictures are blurry. Apparently I don't sit very still.**


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Way to go, Avery!! Keep up the good work!! Come play with Cadence and Wyatt soon!!!

The Farells said...

Watch out world, here she comes! (one tip-toe at a time) That's so exciting Avery!