Friday, April 18, 2008

Our family "Jules" :)

Wow. I had forgotten SO MUCH of what life is like with a newborn, and it's only been a year-and-a-half since I did this! I forgot how teeny-tiny they are and what all their little noises sound like... how warm, soft and snuggly they are... and how intense/incredible it can be simply to make eye contact with such a brand new little person.

Yes... we are officially in the "honeymoon" phase with our precious Julia. We are having an absolute blast just getting to know her and trying to find ANYTHING about her features that looks like either one of us, or Avery. We are shocked at how different the girls look! We just assumed they'd be identical, I guess, but we are loving how different their little features are from each other... They definitely have their own identities!

So far- so good! Julia is VERY mellow. She's working hard at learning how to nurse and she's quickly becoming a pro! She seems to be a sweet and patient baby girl. Avery is proudly wearing her "big sister" shirts, but we're pretty sure she has NO idea what's going on. Ha! :) She's been up to the hospital both days to visit us, and today (Friday) was a little easier than yesterday, so we're making progress! Avery gently touched Julia's hair, and proudly pointed out her eyes and nose saying out loud, "Eye... Noh..." respectively.

I can tell it's going to be a rough couple of months (or more) before we're all adjusted to life with two under the age of 2, but we are so blessed and in love with both of our baby girls and can't wait to settle into our new life.

Here are some more pictures! :) (I have a TON that I'd love to post, but I really should be sleeping rather than blogging and so I'm going to choose a handful for now and then post the rest later.) Hugs to everyone and THANK YOU for caring for us/praying over us the past few days! We love you all and can't wait to introduce you to our Jules!



Avery opening her gift "from Julia"... A baby of her own! (Thanks, Gram!!) ;)



A gift my sweet Husband surprised me with!... (sorry, but I had to brag!)


Julia did this on her own and CRACKED ME UP!... look how her hands are folded... I loved it.



Friday night Poage Girls' party! Snacks in bed with Mom...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her already and can't wait to meet her!

The Farells said...

Precious memories and sweet moments, what a blessed family! Congratulations again!

katherine said...

i'm so looking forward to meeing her! i have a cold or judah and i would have already come to ask for her hand in marria . . .wait. maybe i'm getting ahead of myself ;)

The Wells Family said...

CONGRATS!! She is BEAUTIFUL - and so are you!!! I am so happy for you guys - and it makes me so excited to have another little girl...I love that they look so different - what a fun surprise! Katie

The Mitchells said...

Tell Judah to back off...Julia is already betrothed...I bet Katherine up to make sure and get Will first in line.

The Bossen Family said...

We had fun meeting Julia and watching Avery become a big sister!! Your girls are both beautiful. We love you all!!

Little Lamb said...

Congratulations Poage Family!! I found your blog on the Farells:)
Julia is absolutely beautiful, what a precious family!
-Erin Lamb

The Gustafsons said...

Oh, she's gorgeous! Her precious hands in that picture are so amazing and perfect. What an amazing blessing your your family! We're praying for you guys. Post more pics when you have some time!

Poage Perspective said...

I can't wait to see my TWO beautiful nieces! Hugs and kisses to all of you!

Susan said...

Congratulations!! She is just beautiful. We will have to get our 4 girls together one day soon!
Love, Susan Burk