Ok, this particular post is probably a story that would be better suited for the baby book, but since my girls are children of the millennium the only real "baby book" they have is this blog! So even though I hope to one day actually record these little anecdotes with actual pen ink and paper, this electronic version will have to do for now...
The cutest thing happened this morning. Now, I have to preface this by saying that I don't do this all the time, but have been meaning to become more regular about taking time in my morning to sit down and spend a few minutes reading and studying my bible, thinking that if I do I might become a better wife to Collin and a better Mom to the girls. So this morning I was sitting curled up in the recliner with a cup of coffee and my bible. Julia was napping in her Ocean-Wonders bouncy seat and Avery was playing with her alligator xylophone toy in her play room. So with the exception of the "music" Avery was making, the house was still and quiet. I said a quick prayer that the kids would remain occupied so that I could have a little "me time" to spiritually re-hydrate... Something I'm really in need of these days...
I was looking up some verses given to me about parenting when Avery toddled up to me and began to try and climb into my lap. (She loves to read books, so seeing me reading a book must have perked her interest.) I have to admit I was a tad-bit bothered at the time, but I set down my coffee and patted the book and said, "Bible... bible... this is Mommy's Bible." She repeated, "Bobble, Bobble!!" and then took off down the hallway to her room. She quickly came back with HER children's bible in her hands and laid it in my lap saying, "Bobble!" and continued trying to climb up in my lap, this time with more enthusiasm.
My heart melted. Tears quickly filled my eyes as I said, "YES, baby! Bible!... That's right!" (I don't know why I'm always so surprised to see that she completely understands! ...she got it... she understood.)
I pulled my sweet girl into my lap and read her bible to her. It's a FANTASTIC memory. I am so thankful for little everyday moments like these... Memories that my heart will carry forever.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a precious story. I just heard about a website that will preload all of your blog entries and pictures into a book that you can get printed. If you are like me, scrapbooking never seems to get done, and this is a great option since you have already updated a blog. www.blurb.com
That's a beautiful story! I'm so glad you shared it! :)
I love it! That is just awesome. I'd love for you to send me those parenting bible verses when you get a chance. :)
This brought tears to my eyes just reading it! Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment