Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What a headache...

To all who know what's been going on with us the past couple of days, THANK YOU for your prayers and encouragement!

A quick update...
  • Sunday morning I noticed pain up my spine as I walked in heels (dressed for church.)
  • Spinal pain continued as we came home and I took off my heels - thought I might have slept funny.
  • Sunday afternoon my Mom and Dad came through town on their way home from visiting my sister in Sherman. During their visit I began to have a really painful headache.
  • Sunday night the headache got worse and worse. Spine was hurting too.
  • Monday morning Collin called to get a doctor's appointment for me. After describing my symptoms (spinal pains & blistering headache) they wanted to see me right away.
  • Saw the Doctor at 10am
  • Sent to the ER at 11am for CT scan and spinal tap
  • By 5:30pm the results from the spinal tap determined that I have spinal meningitis. (viral)
I'm going to be taking it easy for a while! :/ My Mom is in town taking care of the babies and Collin returned to work for the 2nd half of the day today. He'll probably continue to go to work, but will be "on call" if we need him here at the house. Thank you all for your prayers!... God is good, and there are SO many ways we saw His hand in how He was going before us all day yesterday. Amazing.

I'll post fun things again as soon as more fun things are happening! But for now, we're trying to rest and restore. Hugs to all-- Steph

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, we will be praying for you too. Get well soon.

Susie Pennington

Poage Perspective said...

Love you! Rest and get well soon.

Annie and Jeremy said...

I'm so sorry! We'll definitely keep you in our prayers! Get well soon!!!!

Amanda said...

holy moly! Lots of prayers headed your way!!
LOVES!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Stephanie, I will be praying for you and for Collin and your two precious girls (and for your Mom!). May the Lord bring his healing touch