Friday afternoon, Avery came back from 3 nights & 4 days in Austin at "Gran Camp" with my Mom and Dad. ("Gran Camp" doesn't actually exist... that's just the cute term we came up with for having Avery go and stay with them all by herself. I'll do a separate post about that...) Saturday night we celebrated Collin's 30th Birthday, and Sunday morning we had Julia's dedication!
Gram & Boppa "earned their stripes" on Saturday night as they took all THREE of their grandchildren from On the Border (where Collin's party was held) back to our house to babysit. By the time Collin, Jen, Andrew & I got back home, Avery and Drew were in bed (Avery had been bathed!) and Julia was fast asleep in Boppa's lap. (Boppa is my Dad... Avery apparently can't say "Grandpoppy" but says "Boppa" instead, so at least for now that's his name.) I was AMAZED! Way to go, super-Grandparents! For a couple who only ever had two kids of their own and had them 4 years apart, I'm sure taking care of a 4-month-old, a 7-month-old and a 1-year-old was a challenge... but you passed with flying colors! :) Many thanks!
Whew... what a whirlwind of a weekend! It all flew by, and I wish I could go back and be more diligent to enjoy each moment we had family together. But at least I can enjoy the pictures! :)
Happy Birthday, Collin! We love you, old man!
(Notice that the confetti has little pictures of Collin in it!!... Thanks Jen!) :)

...And happy dedication, Jules! We love you!


Pictures of the lunch we had for Julia at our house after her dedication...
Avery and Drew were there too!... So were Nana and Aunt Kendra!
1 comment:
Adam and I were so bummed that we had to miss Collin's party! Hope yall had a great time- it looks like so much fun from the pictures! Hope to see yall soon! ~Heather
Post a Comment