
Thaaaat's right! Last night, Collin & I got to attend what was possibly the most monumental event in my lifetime for our denomination: The First Annual Boot Scoot & Barbeque, hosted by the Young Adult Ministry at First BAPTIST Church of Dallas!
When I heard back in the early days of Summer that this event was in the works for this Fall, I jumped on the committee because I thought it was an exciting idea. (I served as the event's graphic designer for marketing... like my poster design?) :)
There are lots of things I've always appreciated about my denomination including the major emphasis on diving into scripture, memorizing it and applying it to daily life... Baptizing after salvation as a symbol of the commitment made in one's heart to accept Grace and live for Christ... Coffee & doughnuts (ha!) and so many other things. But as you probably know, our "Don't drink, don't dance" traditional values have caused us to be the brunt of many jokes. Now, I can get on board with the "don't drink" idea as one could make a reasonable argument that although it may not be a wrong choice, it's seldom the wisest choice... but "Don't DANCE??" Why not?
We are so appreciative that our Pastor thought the same thing and gave the event his seal of approval. We had SO much fun last night at Eddie Deen's in Downtown. Who knew a bunch of Baptists could cut a rug like we did?! I'm so proud...



3 comments:
Wish we had been there!
That is awesome!
Love, love, LOVE the poster you designed!!!! You're so talented! Looks like it was an awesome event. It's nice to see some proud dancing Baptists. :)
Post a Comment