Now, let's be clear. My friends (with and without kids) are wonderful to me. I've always felt supported in my choice to stay home and I feel like they make a genuine effort to listen to my stay-home-Mom anecdotes whether they can relate or not. My wonderful husband has always openly shared his gratitude for what I do for our daughters on a daily basis and truly honors me in doing so. But even with all that said, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing a printed validation of my daily "job" and how eloquently this journalist described a day in the life of a mother at home with young children. It's informative, entertaining, and offers a glimpse into the lives of those of us who "work" at home.
(Click to enlarge...)
5 comments:
Whether you stay at home with the kids or work, you never have enough time. Kids take all your time and that's what kid-free friends don't understand. I sometimes find myself wondering if staying home would be easier than working. Probably not, because then I would have to add housework and ironing to my list of duties (yuck). More importantly, I would have to add at least 4 hours of education/enrichment activities each day for my child (I would enjoy this part). That's a full 8 hours right there! Never mind the things I already do on my lunch break like grocery shopping and errands. Wish there was such a thing as a stay home mom who watches soaps, eats bon bons and talks on the phone all day. Ha! Wishful thinking! Tell me if you find one.
I love this!!! It is well put and to the point. Life IS different and certainly enjoyable, but a full time job that doesn't end at 5:00pm either. Donny learned all of this when he was the stay at home and I love him for that!
Great job Steph - I am proud of you!
Great article...and something that I know for a fact that one of my friends is struggling with understanding right now...! Thanks for sharing!
xoxo
Oh my gosh I am so glad you posted this article. As a future stay at home mom myself (hopefully) it makes me feel better about it all.
Post a Comment