Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dallas Snow Storm!


WOW! SNOW!! And we didn't even have to travel to find it! This time, it actually came to us!

Thursday morning at daybreak, during our usual routine of Avery waking me up and me walking into the kitchen (like a zombie) searching for something to make for breakfast... I heard Avery gasp and say, "Mommy! SNOW!!" Knowing that some snow had been in the forecast, I quickly jolted to life and walked out into the living room to where Avery was standing, pointing out the windows. Sure enough... Snow! And not just a light Texas dusting, either! And it went on... and on... and on... for 19+ hours with a record-breaking 12.4 inches after all was said and done! It was AWESOME!! We loved every minute of it, and I think Avery could have spent all day playing outside and never complained of cold. She was very excited to get to make snow angels, go "sledding" on the neighborhood hill and help Collin build a snowman. Julia was... not so excited about the whole thing. But she did put on a happy face during the sledding.


One thing about snow in Texas: It happens so fast that there's no time to prepare a cute snow outfit unless you've already got one hanging around for a ski trip or something! Our poor, poor children!! I have NO idea what I was thinking when I was pulling out clothes for sweet Julia. No wonder she cried all day! If I was out of the house looking like that, I'd cry too! (Please note the plastic bags over her feet which are secured to her knee-high socks with packing tape... Seemed like a good idea in theory, but no wonder she couldn't ever get traction! Sweet baby... Mama's SO sorry.)

3 comments:

Lea Arnold said...

haha, i have heard the trick of the plastic bags - actually from my neighbor but she said to put them INSIDE their boots/shoes... :) but maybe you can try that in 110 years when we get this much snow again.

and also, i don't think that is what hurt miss j's feelings so much, jack was completely equipped because of said trip and he still didn't like it... i think they are just too young to realize this is a GOOD thing.

Poage Perspective said...

I laughed at my poor niece's expense. I'm sorry JuJu Bee. Love you guys. Hope you have a wonderful birthday Steph!. Big hug, Mel

Anonymous said...

Awesome!