Monday, February 08, 2010

SO PROUD of my Hometown Boy!!


Last night was the first time in history that I remember actually caring about a team playing in the Superbowl! Even when Collin asked, "What about when the Cowboys played a few times when we were in high school?" ...nope... I mean, maybe. But not nearly like last night! This was MY hometown boy I was cheering for! Totally different.

Drew was my High School quarterback at Westlake, and so watching the game last night took me back 12+ years (cough!) to the State Championship game in the old Cowboy Stadium when we watched Drew lead us to victory. (And in Texas, it's a BIG DEAL to be the 5A State Champs in Football!) I'm just so happy for him. And now I wish I had awkwardly snapped more pictures with him in High School during the random occurrences when we had conversations. I'd be famous by association! I was even at his house a time or two! ...Should have stolen his razor or something... I could make a FORTUNE on eBay!! ;) And how cute was all this stuff with his baby boy?! Precious...


Congratulations, Brees family! ...Glad I saved my year books... :)

No comments: