Monday, February 25, 2008

Sunday's Event: The San Diego ZOO!

...I don't know what I was thinking assuming I could cram all of the weekends events into the last post... I'm sorry it was so long and cumbersome as it was! Anyway, the previous post covered Saturday's events. Sunday we loaded up and headed to the famous San Diego Zoo! All-in-all Avery had fun, but we think she may still be a little young to fully appreciate the whole thing. Collin and I, on the other hand, had a BLAST! What an incredible zoo! It was like Six Flags with animals!

We saw all kinds of beautiful birds, tigers, lions, panda bears, polar bears (YES- POLAR bears!! In California! HA!) a black panther, elephants, zebras, monkeys/chimps/gorillas (not including the ones I was traveling with) a hippopotamus (not including the one Collin and Avery were traveling with) :) koalas and kangaroos, and all kinds of other animals that were amazing to see up close! One might think that devoting an entire day to visiting a zoo is a little much, but we honestly nearly ran out of time to see and do all the things we wanted. It was such a thrill and a beautiful day, and we loved just being there and watching Avery absorb it all.

No comments: