Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Big girls don't cry


Sunday night marked another milestone for Avery... She spent her first night in her new "big girl" room!

What was once our "combo" guest/computer room is now Avery's new room. Walls that once displayed diplomas and Texas A&M Corps of Cadets memorabilia will now be decked-out in pink and green "girly" decor with baby dolls and stuffed animals sprinkled at their feet. (Poor Collin.) We're still definitely in "Phase I" and don't have much to show, but we accomplished enough in the room for her to be able to make the move and decided Sunday was as good a time as ever.

All afternoon while we worked on rearranging furniture we encouraged Avery to come back there with us and help put her room together. We were excited each time we saw her come into her room and said, "This is AVERY'S room!" As bedtime drew nearer, I started dreading what might come... I had no idea if she would be scared/disoriented/confused by her new room, and I feared a sleepless night (or two) were in order. NOT AT ALL. She was a CHAMP! Collin read 3 books, rocked her a little, said bedtime prayers and laid her down. She didn't make a PEEP until about 7:45 Monday morning! (That's a little on the late side for our early-riser, so we took that as a good sign!)

I'm hoping that she adjusts this well to ALL of the upcoming changes in her little world. She's really growing up... Sniff, sniff. :/
(These pictures are goofy, and Gram is in the process of sewing pillow shams out of the scraps from Julia's crib bedding, but it wouldn't be like me to post something without pictures, and like I said... we're just in Phase I.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Avery!

Suzy said...

Wow! It is so interesting to run across the Poage blog! This is Suzy (Susan) Smith - now Williams. I worked with Collin at KPMG - I think on the Pioneer audit - maybe Holly... Anywho, your family is just beautiful! What a great blog! Thanks for putting it out there!

shalonda said...

wooohoo! big girl A!