Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Masked Mommy


...Yeah... not my best accessory, but since the doctors told me to wear a surgical mask anytime I hold the girls for TWO WEEKS, I guess I should start getting used to it, huh? :/ Aren't the flowers Avery picked out for me pretty? Sure help to brighten my days. Too bad Avery was napping when this was taken, otherwise I would have had her in the picture too.

I'm hanging in there!.. Thank you for your prayers! I'm living on small meals, Vicodin and Phenergan for when the meals don't feel like staying put. (I had a lapse in my pain meds today that just reminded me of how thankful I am for Vicodin! Ha! It's doing such a good job for me that when I'm on it I forget the amount of pain it's masking, but when I forgot to take it this afternoon, all that pain came back. Not fun.) I feel like a little old lady these days. I can walk around the house as long as I tip-toe, but if I put weight on my heels my spine hurts. (And that's WITH the Vicodin!) So I hunch and tip-toe and wear a mask. I'm so sexy. :)

Thank you guys for all your encouraging words and gestures! I feel truly loved and blessed to have such amazing friends and family. Please continue to pray for my sweet Mom as she works so hard trying to take care of Avery and Julia... and me too. She's doing such a great job! I know she must be exhausted beyond words but she's not showing it if she is. Just lift her up if you would... she's the glue holding this house together these days. :)

Hugs to all--
Steph

13 comments:

Dori said...

Stephanie,

I'm soo sorry to hear this!! I will definitely keep you and your whole family in my prayers. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you, your mom or Collin.

Lots of love,
Dori

Anonymous said...

You are still beautiful! I so wish that we were closer so we could help out. But know that you are in our prayers! ~Heather and Adam

Anonymous said...

I know that your husband thinks the mask is so HOT! We miss you!

Poage Perspective said...

Girl you would look good in a potato sack! Love you!
Mel

Psalm112 said...

Hey Stephanie-

I had viral spinal meningitis when I was 12...it wasn't fun. The LP was the worst part b/c they couldn't give me any local anesthetic and just had to get the fluid sample. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I wish there was something we could do to help.

Meredith

Unknown said...

Bless your heart. We're praying for you and the whole crew. Keep us posted on how you are.

Love, The Bradens

S, J, B, & S said...

Oh Stephanie, I am so sorry to hear this!!! You (and your mom!) are definitely in my prayers ... I hope you have a quick recovery. Please let us know if you need anything.

Annie and Jeremy said...

Awwww, that's such a cute picture! And for somebody who is super-sick, you look super-cute!!! We're still praying for you! Keep us posted! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Stephanie. I hope you get better soon. My mom and I are keeping u in our prayers.
Farron, Nicholas, and Laura Higodn

The Gustafsons said...

We are definitely praying! I am SO sorry you are sick like that-it sounds awful. Tell Ethel I think she is wonderful and you are so blessed to have her! I love you and I do think you look hot in the mask. :)

Anonymous said...

that just STINKS! I wish I was there to help babysit!!! Get well soon!!!

The Bossen Family said...

You do look sexy in that mask!! ;) We're praying daily for you and we hope that this silly virus packs it's bags and heads out soon! Love you lots.

The Mitchells said...

You look pretty and skinny in that mask...I may borrow it!

PLEASE hurry and get better. I miss you terribly and between our sicknesses I'm afraid it will be Christmas before we get to hang out again!!