Thursday, October 30, 2008

Playdough and Pasta... Spooky.

Happy Halloween, everyone!!

Avery woke up at 5:30 this morning (Thursday) when she usually doesn't wake up until 7:00, so we had time to do some crafts between breakfast and changing into "real" clothes to go to the park. (Check out the major bed-head that both girls have going on in the picture above!) We played with playdough and Halloween cookie cutters-- pumpkin, moon, bat & cat-- which was awesome because I got the fun of baking cookies with Avery without any of the calories! HA!!

We also made "skeletons" out of pasta and construction paper... and I can give some back-story here. A few weeks ago Avery started to become curious about bones. She was pushing on my clavicle as I carried her somewhere and I explained that the hard thing she felt was a "bone." Then she was intrigued... I tried to show her other bones by having her press on my hands, forearms, etc. So when we were at the grocery store yesterday, I grabbed a couple of packages of pasta that I thought she could make a "bone-craft" with... and what better season than Halloween?



"My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." -Psalm 139:15-16

Happy Halloween, everybody!!
**Please excuse the extremely peppy voice in these videos... guess my 5:30am wake-up call prompted some extra strong coffee!! Better peppy than grumpy, I guess!**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mommy! I am glad to see you actually do something during the day :)

Amanda said...

You are such a great Mom...Avery and Julia are lucky that God picked you to be their mommy!

Lea Arnold said...

Things have certainly changed since college... :) Steph is getting up at 5:30!! That is daddy duty time around here, he hasn't left for work yet! What a GREAT mommy you are, I'll just leave it at "super mom"!!

Poage Perspective said...

Cousin IP loves bones too! He even has a paper skeleton Halloween decoration hanging on his closet door. I felt it wasn't appropriate, but he begged to hang it in his room. He also has a great fascination with dinosaur bones! I have the perfect book for Avery! Love, Mel