Monday, November 24, 2008

Our Anniversary Trip

Ahhhh... Our first trip alone together (alone, together?) since 2004 and it was wonderful! We've taken other trips with couple friends since then but this was just the two of us!

We headed to Austin, dropped the girls off with Gram & Boppa and continued on to the Hyatt Wild Oaks Ranch for some much-needed together time and relaxation. (We spent two nights in Austin with my family to celebrate my sister's Birthday... another post on that to come... so it wasn't really a "drive-by drop-off" of the kiddos like it sounds. We weren't quite that anxious, but close!) We mostly hung out at the hotel, but did go in to San Antonio the last night. (You can't be that close to the Riverwalk and not go eat Mexican food, right?!)

We missed our babies, but sure enjoyed the break. It's been too long since I've had 4+ consecutive hours of sleep, and I'm not sure my body knew how to appreciate it. I kept waking up during the night feeling like there was something I needed to be doing. Too bad. Guess you can take the girls away from the Mother, but you can't take the "Mother" out of the girl.

Nevertheless, it was fantastic!! Looking forward to more trips like this in the future! :)

1 comment:

Lea Arnold said...

What a fun time... I completely agree on the no sleep, but still wake up thing. Whenever I skip a feeding and let Donny give Jack a bottle, I still wake up, sometimes I wonder what is the point... oh well, wouldn't trade either one for a thing.