Saturday, November 01, 2008

Tastes like November!

Today may have been warm enough to wear shorts, but Avery and I decided to bake like it was 35` degrees outside!

What better way to welcome November than to bake a pumpkin pie together? I was in the mood for a little "November" today and I thought it would be a good baking activity for Avery to help with since pumpkin pie is so simple. It was definitely an exercise in patience, baking with a 2-year-old. :) Collin brought the camera in and snapped a few pictures, and then I kept it with me and took some more. These are pictures that probably only the Grandparents will enjoy, but I thought I'd blog them anyway...
I also have a couple of videos that I'll post too. One of them was hilarious in person, but you can't quite tell what's going on in the video, so I'll explain: We got the sugar all measured out (Avery ladled it into my Pampered Chef measurer-- little by little for a LONG time-- until it was filled) and then as soon as it was level to the top she leaned over and BLEW on the sugar! Who knows why she did that... but she did. And then she did it again! Sugar was flying everywhere, and it was funny. But you know what happens if you laugh with Avery in the room, so we kept our chuckles to ourselves but it's caught on film for us to laugh at retroactively. :) ...And I also laughed at myself in the video too because I say, "Good job" after I pour the sugar in! HA! That self-affirmation was accidental, I assure you.

The only thing that stinks is that it was bedtime before the pie cooled enough for her to taste. :( Oh well... she can have a bite of pumpkin pie for breakfast, right? A little "sugar high" before Sunday School never hurt anyone! ...Just don't tell her teachers. :)

Happy November! ...Hard to believe that Christmas is just a little more than 7 weeks away... Wow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How in the world did you keep a straight face when she blew the sugar!

Poage Perspective said...

Good Job Mommy!

Annie and Jeremy said...

hahaha, that was the funniest thing! you're such a good mommy! and you did a GREAT job at pouring the sugar!!! ;)

Lea Arnold said...

What a neat measuring tool. I think I need to be "pampered," I haven't gotten to the "trust" side of letting Tate fill the cups herself. If I turn my back she is trying to stir with the measuring cups.