Friday, December 05, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...


We probably won't win any "Parents of the Year" awards for this one, but last night (in 30-something degree weather) we bundled the girls up and headed to Home Depot (past their bedtimes) to buy a Christmas tree!

It was a blast. Avery LOVED all the "Kissus Trees" and even spotted "Sinta Cwaaaas" while we were there. She had tons of fun, and poor Julia just kept looking at me like, "What on earth are we doing out here, Mom?!" Avery has a kids Christmas CD and sort of knows how to sing, "Oh Christmas Tree," but it sounds more like, "Oh Kissus Tree... ladaaawadaada waanches." Close enough. Christmas is so much fun...

We got a precious tree. Can't wait to decorate it! (Ok, sidenote about this tree we got... Since it was dark and cold, we sort of just got the first good-looking tree we saw in the size we were looking for. I didn't notice until we got it home and in the stand that it was muddy! So... and visualize this as you read... I actually wiped the tree down with baby wipes! It's true. Collin honestly looked at me like I was insane. Probably would have been smarter to hose it off, but hey... Wipes were less mess. Poor tree needed a bath!) :)

"I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love." -Linus Van Pelt, A Charlie Brown Christmas, 1965

No comments: