Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Sprucing up" the Tree!

...I'm so punny!... :) Ok, I'll quit. I promise.

We FINALLY got an evening to decorate our little tree. We didn't get very far before bedtime routine began, but Avery really got into it this year! She got to hang her own "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament (with Dad's help because it's crystal and has to go at the top of the tree to stay out of reach) and she got to hang our Howie ornament that looks just like Howie, AND "Howie's First Christmas" ornament that's pewter and spells, "Woof!"

We played Christmas music and had Egg Nog (the kind from the store... not the real stuff) and just enjoyed Christmas for the first time as a family of four. We snapped some pictures that I can't believe I'm posting because I have definitely looked better, but eh... who cares? This was one of those, "I never quite got around to putting on make-up or brushing my hair" days. I'm sure all of you reading this have seen me at my best and worst anyways, and you love me still. :) And for that I am truly grateful.

Happy tree-trimming! Can't wait to see photos of your spruces too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You miss Howie - did I miss something?

Collin and Stephanie Poage said...

Ha! :) Howie's FINE... He just temporarily lives with my Mom & Dad in Austin now. We'll get him back someday, but for now it's nice just to have the 2 babies to worry with here at our house. (Howie LOVES to bark and would somehow always find something to bark over during nap time... That got him a quick ticket to Austin!) :)

Thanks for asking!!