Wow. Thirty.
Sounds so refined. Thirty used to sound "old" to me... you know, back when I was a teenager... But then when I hit my twenties, 30 just sounded like a respectable "grown-up" age. The age of a person who could be categorized as independent. Established. Self-controlled. Dignified. Someone who has it all together.
I can't be thirty...
Independent? I'm still afraid of the dark.
Established? Not even sure what that really means.
Self-controlled? HA! ...I sneak hands-full of M&M's behind my kids' backs on a regular basis...
Dignified? Not in the least. ...I totally dance in my kitchen when I'm making the kids' lunches or doing the dishes... Hey, it's the only hardwood flooring in our house and it's fun to slide on! Avery hates it and actually rolls her eyes. Julia usually be-bops along. She totally gets me.
Someone who has it all together? I'm altogether NUTS on most days and I can't tell you the last time I felt organized.
But I'm 30. I am. And I love my life... I love my chaotic, crazy, raising-two-preschoolers-and-usually-covered-in-peanut-butter life. I love entering a new decade with Collin and looking back at pictures of us just starting to date when I was 19 and he was 21. ...and I love that he'll always be older!... I have much to be thankful for and a LOT to learn. Maybe I'll know it all by the time I'm 40! ;)
4 comments:
crud, you are more caught up on your blog than I am...racing to the finish now.
I love you my dear, beautiful, heart friend.
what a cute picture of you... as if that's odd :) you are so very photogenic. i'm sad i missed your party, but glad i got to see you later:)
love you
SO sad we missed this! You are a beautiful 30 something!
Post a Comment