Thursday, September 07, 2006

37 1/2 weeks Doctor's report...

Just got back from my Doctor's appointment and everything looks good! My weight is on track and the nurse said my blood pressure looked "excellent!" (Always nice to hear good news at the doctor.) I'll be 38 weeks on Monday!

Collin came along this time and we got to hear Avery's heartbeat again. The nurse put the doppler over to the left side of my HUGE belly and it sounded somewhat "swishy" and muffled and then she moved it to the right side of my belly and it sounded perfectly clear as if she had a stethoscope on a little baby's chest. She explained that the left side was the blood rushing through the placenta and the right side was where we were hearing her actual heart beating. (Probably way too much information for most of you reading along, but we thought it was interesting!) She's pumpin' along at 140 beats per minute and she is doing her own water aerobics every day... seriously sometimes I think she's going to come out through my belly button.

I'm 1 cm dilated and not yet effaced. Next week the Doc wants to do a sonogram to see how BIG Avery is to determine if we need to induce. Seems the Doctor may suspect a Poage-sized baby indeed!! :) If she's sittin' in there at 8 lbs. and we're still 2 weeks from the due date, we may go ahead and see if we can move things along. Otherwise, I still plan to just "live & let live" and hope to go into labor naturally!

Either way, we will for SURE get to see our baby girl next Wednesday on the screen and I'll post pictures as soon as we have them. Not long now!! We can't wait! :)

3 comments:

Lea Arnold said...

I can't wait to find out next week what is going to happen!! Can you believe you are going to be a mommy soon!!!

Paige Padgham said...

I am so ecstatic for you guys. I can't believe it's almost time. I'm on pins and needles. ;)

The Mitchells said...

So excited to see pics of Avery!! I have loved every week of your journey through pregnancy and I'm so glad that I get to share it with you both.

May God grant you wisdom, peace, and amazing joy in the weeks to come.

Love,
Andrea