Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Late...

Well....... she's truly my daughter....... she's running late. :)

So, the due date came and went and still no baby Avery to snuggle. All day Sunday we thought we were finally making some progress as I was having "contractions" every 10 minutes for over 5 hours. They were painless contractions, so I knew it wasn't labor, but my stomach would ball up and get so tight that Collin could SEE from across the room that I was having a contraction. Very strange. It was also strange because when my stomach would tighten she would feel extra lumpy in there because it was like all of the cushioning disappeared briefly and there was just tight skin around the baby. Kind of "alien like" but also sort of cool.

Anyway... we thought for sure that was the beginning of something. So yesterday I called in to see if I could get in to see the doctor. (I was too impatient to wait until my scheduled appointment on Thursday.) My doctor was out, but we were able to get in to see her partner, and I was really hoping to have a discussion about the possiblity of inducing now that I was "past due."

The doctor was very informative and patient with us answering all of our questions. It turned out that he did not see a need to induce since my blood pressure is still good, the baby is healthy and moving around, and my body is obviously showing signs of impending labor. He pretty much said that we just need to wait it out for a few more days and that our chances for a quicker and more normal delivery are better at this point if we don't induce and just let my body go into labor on it's own. SO-- that was that! Now we just have to have patience and wait for Miss Avery to decide it's time to come out and greet the world.

Shouldn't be any surprise to us that she's taking her time... Collin and I are both sleep addicts, and anyone who knows me knows that I am the QUEEN of hitting the snooze button. She's just in there hitting "snooze" on us... but that's okay. We will wait... and she'll be worth it! :)

So-- no news yet! But, as always... we'll keep you posted....

2 comments:

The Farells said...

Hang in there Stephanie! You, Collin, and Avery are in our thoughts and prayers throughout the next day(s?). We can't wait to meet her. You must have a really nice oven! ;)

The Mitchells said...

Doesn't she know we are all out here WAITING for her!! Hopefully that just means she'll be a sleeper when she's out too...get your precious sleep now bc you won't see the backside of your eyelids for more than 3 hours in a row for a while!!