Collin got the car seat installed in the Jeep with a little help from Joe Mitchell (a "seasoned" Dad of a 4 month old) and it seems the guys did a great job! We've still got to take it by a fire station to have it inspected, but it was VERY surreal to ride to church yesterday with a car seat in the back! HA! What a weird first-time feeling...
I finally got the things hung on the walls in Avery's room that I've been meaning to hang for a while. The nursery is really starting to feel peaceful and serene, which was always what I wanted. I probably spend a half-hour each day just sitting in that rocking chair and looking around the room playing lullibies to Avery through my belly. She likes her rocking chair already. And she now has a VERY full and fashionable closet, thanks to lots of very nice gifts and some precious hand-me-downs from family and her 4-month-old friend, Ella Mitchell. (Everyone told me not to buy any clothes for her because I would be given enough... I think they were right!) I hope this child likes PINK! :)




The other "project" that's FINALLY wrapping up this week is the Kitchen!! (Queue Handel's "Hallelujah Chorus!") Today the backsplash and utility room tile went in, and the wood flooring will go in tomorrow. Finish all that off with baseboards, etc. and we're done!! :) Collin worked SO HARD this weekend doing electrical work and installing track lighting underneath the cabinets and in the glass cabinets over the sink. If I say so myself, he's rather amazing. Avery has one smart and talented Papa!! (Here are a couple of snapshots I made of the kitchen progress. I can hardly believe we're close to the end of this never-ending remodel. (Pregnant friends-- be smarter than I was and NEVER ever remodel during a pregnancy!!)


On Wednesday, I'll be posting more baby news-- WITH PICTURES from the sonogram!! :) After that appointment we'll know a little more about when we can expect Avery's arrival. Thanks for checking the blog! We hope everyone is doing well!
Love to all--
3 comments:
Stephanie and Collin,
Jennifer sent me your blog sometime ago and I checked it out and looked again today as I thought your due date was soon. You look great and so ready to be a mommy and daddy. Have a great time; I know you hear it so much but everything goes so quickly. Our little Evan is already 9 months old and crawling everywhere. We have a blog (although not as updated as yours is). http://lidiakfamily.blogspot.com/
The house looks beautiful. I will check back in a few weeks to see the newest Poage/Ellison addition.
Take care and good luck with the delivery.
Love,
Joni Lidiak (Martindale)
Didn't both of you work at Pine Cove either the summer of 99 or 2000? I know that must be "Heartbreaker" and Collin...I can't remember your name. This is Snapper...remember me? Holy Cow! What a small world! I found you through Andrea Mitchell - she and I grew up together in church.
Come check out my blog at www.thebergers0805.blogspot.com. I have a 4 month old - 2 days younger than Ella Mitchell.
This is so exciting!
Christi (Brown) Berger
Musumo...that was it!
Sorry. Brain finally kicked in! LOL
Post a Comment