The answer to this frequent question has been practiced many times over the past few months and still needs work, but it usually goes something like this:
"Well, Collin is one of 6 kids (2 girls and 4 boys) so with the 'big family' mind-set, I'm not sure if we're finished having kids... so he may have a son yet! ...I would love more kids, but I'm also very content with two so we'll just see what happens... etc., etc...."
That's the answer we give, honestly because we can't find words to describe the feeling of being so in love with two little girls that our hearts simply don't know how to miss the idea of a son. I'm not sure that will make sense to everyone, and therein lies the problem of trying to articulate a response to this question. But the honest truth of parenthood is that regardless of what you think you want to have, you become so wrapped up with the person you're blessed with that you wouldn't trade them for the world. (Now that I know will make sense... at least to the other Moms and Dads reading this.)
I wanted to show a couple of quick things that make it so easy for Collin not to have to spend time wishing one of these babies had been a boy. Maybe someday... but for now he'll just have to "settle" for this. ;) Talk about Daddy's Girls!... Precious.
6 comments:
Steph! I love it! I completely agree...you become so wrapped up in what you are given. It's a true blessing.
what a sweet video. our little guy sat on my lap as i watched it and grinned when it was over, so we watched a second time. he laughed and laughed, like he knew exactly what julia was saying! so cute!
So sweet! It's true. God knows what He's doing, even if we don't!
How could you want anything but what is in the picture and video!?!? Your kiddos are PRECIOUS!
awww, that is the sweetest thing! what a sweet family you four make!
That sleepy daddy pic is so cute!
Post a Comment