I saw my doctor today for the last time until she's delivering Avery! Everything still looks good... blood pressure, weight, Avery's heartbeat, etc... I'm 50% effaced and 2+cm dilated. (Sorry if that's T.M.I. for anyone....) With this info, the doctor felt like we should go ahead and schedule an induction for WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 4th!!
She said that by then, I will be over a week past the due date, and that nothing good happens when you're 42 weeks pregnant. SO-- if Avery's not going to come out on her own before the 4th, we're going to give her a little help! :) She will share her Birthday month with her Grandpoppie (my Dad) and her Uncle Andrew who were both October babies as well!
Collin and I are SO excited, and honestly a little relieved to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We'll report to labor and delivery at 6:00am on Wednesday, and we'll keep everyone updated by the call-in system so remember to call 214-564-5463 for updates! (But not until Wednesday... unless you just want to talk to me!)
For my "prayer warriors" out there:
- Please keep praying for Collin to get to feeling better-- It's WORKING and he's healing, so THANK YOU and keep 'em coming! :)
- Also please pray for my sweet family as they travel to be here to meet & greet the lil' pumpkin! :) They're so excited, so let's pray that the excitement doesn't transfer to the right foot and make anyone get a speeding ticket, and of course that they stay safe on the road.
- Avery and I appreciate your prayers for a safe and speedy delivery as well!! Whether she comes on October 4th with the induction or before, we are just praying that everything will go smoothly and that the outcome will be a healthy Mom & baby!
Love & Hugs--
The Poages
2 comments:
I'm so excited!! Come on Avery...we're all waiting!!
You guys are in our prayers every night!!
love,
Joe, Andrea and Ella
Steph-
I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and Collin and little Avery. I pray that she is a happy and healthy little blessing! I also have to say that October babies are the best (I am one too :-))! Take care and God Bless!
Heather Hughes
Post a Comment