Friday, September 22, 2006

Still nothing...

Went to the doctor yesterday! I was 4 days away from the due date, and still only 2cm! Booooo. But everyone keeps telling me not to take these "bonus days" for granted and to really take advantage of the time we have to get things done that need to be done! (I just wish I wasn't 5 million pounds and that I felt like doing any of those things that "need to be done!")

The doctor said that everything looked fine and that there was no reason or need to induce, so we're just going back in a week to see how things look! By then I'll be 3 days PAST my due date and probably very ready to get the show on the road! But Collin and I are still going to stick to the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" mentality and only induce if there's a medical reason! :) We can wait it out... We think! :)

Our prayers for Avery in these last few days are:

  • That God will begin labor and send her out in HIS perfect timing
  • That there will be no complications with the labor and delivery
  • Specifically that the cord will not wrap around her neck in the birthing process
  • That she will take quickly to nursing
  • That Avery will have a strong and healthy little body
Our prayers for ourselves as soon-to-be parents are:
  • That the signs and sypmpoms of labor will be CLEAR so that we can get to the hospital in plenty of time for that epidural!
  • That labor will go quickly and that our spirits and energy will remain high throughout the process
  • That we will continue to strive to be parents who are worthy of this perfect and precious little gift
  • That we will always look to the Lord for guidance in raising Avery
Love and Hugs to all!!


A few pictures....

Saturday night before our date night: Collin took his "girls" out to dinner! :)



And now for a series of pictures called "Howie waits for Avery!"... Howie's favorite place to sleep these days is curled up in Avery's nursery. He's already a very protective "big brother!" :)

Below: Sunday, September 17th



Below: Tuesday, September 19th, stretching after a nap



Below: Friday, September 22nd - Howie is stretching again walking towards me as I snap the picture. I can't seem to take a picture of him sleeping... he always wakes up!


It seems we're ALL having trouble being patient these days. :)

3 comments:

Paige Padgham said...

Are bets being taken yet on the delivery date? I call Sunday, the 24th! :)

Christi said...

Stephanie,
You look fabulous! You really do! I am so excited for you. Yes, enjoy these last few days as much as you can...Your whole world is about to turn upside down...and it is a fabulous journey!!!!
Can't wait to see her.
Christi

The Mitchells said...

I call Sunday...but not during church...afterwards works for me.